Time is TBD|
ERSNT & YOUNG IRON CHEF TEAM BUILDING CULINARY EXPERIENCE
Culinary experience for 16 guests
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Chef Chinchilla, 350 Clinton Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
About the event
- 2.5-3 hour team building cooking competition for 16 guests.
- The first 30 minutes will be a demonstration and lesson from Chef Chinchilla. The next hour or so teams of 3-5 will work together to complete their dish. They will be given all tools and ingredients to complete their tasks. All teams are given basic instruction from Chef, then encouraged to work together to complete their tasks, depending on each other with minimal guidance from Chef's team. Each team when finished will plate one dish of what they made and presented it. One person from each group will explain why they made the dish the way they did and what inspired them. The team will be judged on how well they follow Chef's instruction, how well they work together, the taste & the plating of the dish.
- ~Menu undecided. Prime seafood and meats will cost extra per person based on market value food costs only.
- Pricing starts at $1500 minimum. This price includes up to 12 people. It is $90 additional for any additional person present during the event.
You may add on the following items for an additional cost:
1. Appetizers to be available upon arrival for your team $12-20 per person depending on the items and the number of dishes selected.
2. Tableware: wine glasses, plates, utensils, napkins etc $12 per person.
3. Wine tasting with Sommelier = $50 per person including world
4. Dessert to be prepared by our team, for your staff to enjoy at the end of the class $8-15 per person depending on the items and the number of desserts.
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
Here are a couple of reminders and formalities that are important for your event:
1.Your event is on (post poned due to CV, reschedule on phone appointment on 4/21 for mid May) APRIL 18th from 4:30-8:00pm. You can add on guests up to 10 days prior to the event. The final balance is due in full as the event is less than 30 days away.
2. We do start class right on time, so please make sure the team arrives 30 minutes before your event start time 4:30PM to have time to enjoy the appetizers ordered. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, grab an apron and name tag, wash your hands, grab a drink & get ready to have fun! We do not wait to start class if others are running late. If anyone arrives after the start time we will catch them up as best as possible. It is imperative that you are aware that if you arrive late, the time of the class does not run later, as other events are scheduled before and after your class. If the event runs over due to late arrival, or guests simply want to hang out to enjoy time together past 8PM, we charge an additional $250 to cover staff and space fees.
3. Please make sure everyone on your team wears closed toe shoes as it is required to participate for safety reasons. Additionally high heals are not allowed for safety reasons, as our floors could potentially be slippery due to an unexpected spill by a guest.
4. There will be plenty of food so please remind the team to come hungry. Also, due to CA health code any extra food cannot be taken home from class.
5. Please ask anyone with long hair to bring a hair tie to pull back into a pony tail.
6. As the class is an event, and date is reserved exclusively for your event, there is no refunds or transfers for cancelations. The only exception is if the event is canceled 30 days in advance and the initial deposit amount is NOT refundable. Refunds are not given if less people show up to class, or cancel last minute. Your final head count given 30 days prior to your event will be the final amount due and final guest count.
7. We ask that you make sure to remind everyone on the team prior to arrival, that this is a professional commercial kitchen, not a drinking establishment. Responsible consumption during class is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue cooking for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests for us to ask them to not continue cooking or drinking alcoholic beverages, so please make sure everyone understands this is not a "drinking event" and our intoxication policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
8. Please kindly remind everyone attending ahead of time to listen carefully during instruction. It is important that while demonstrations and teaching from Chef that everyone refrains from having side conversations and watches closely.
9. The building name is "The Hood Kitchen" and is located at 350 Clinton St, Costa Mesa, CA off of Redhill and Bristol, very close to the John Wayne airport. There is plenty of parking out front.
10. Menu - not decided
11. Your final head count & payment for your event is due 30 days prior to your event. Checks are preferred and you may also pay via pay pal or credit card. Any gratuity is greatly appreciated. The only variable in price is if you add extra dishes and/or add prime seafood or meat, which we only charge minimally for the extra food cost, or if additional guests join.
12. If anyone has any allergies please let me know so I may plan accordingly with your menu. Allergies must be given prior to the menu planning, so Chef can create a menu that accomodates the whole team. (NOT YET GIVEN)
13. The Hood Kitchen is a large commercial kitchen space with 7 separate kitchens and event spaces. Please ask your team to refrain from walking through or disturbing the other spaces as they are hard at work and can also be dangerous with various equipment.
14. I recommend reminding your staff to wear lighter clothing for this event, and or an under shirt. When the ovens and burners are turned on it can get warm.
15. It is important that each team member is reminded of the natural dangers that can occur within any kitchen. We do require each person participating sign a waiver releasing The Hood Kitchen, Stephanie Chinchilla and any staff under us, as not being responsible for absolutely any liability during your time while here or even after your departure. Each person is expected to take full responsibility for themselves while within our facility.
16. Please remind all guests that this is a cooking class, not a drinking event. It is strictly prohibited to be intoxicated due to the nature of the cooking class and for everyones safety. Make sure to discuss this with your team prior to arrival. If you would like to enjoy beer or wine during your event you must purchase it from The Hood Kitchen. You may not bring your own wine or beer. Responsible consumption during class is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue cooking for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests to request them to not continue cooking, so please make sure the team is aware of our policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
I look forward to cooking with you and your team. Im certain you will all have an amazing time & learn a lot!
Chef Stephanie Chinchilla
- Ticket type
Please read all details in full prior to booking.Price$2,052.00
- Ticket type