Time is TBD|
The Hood Kitchen | Chef Chinchilla
Aveva Iron Chef Competition | Shaunna
Time & Location
Time is TBD
The Hood Kitchen | Chef Chinchilla, 350 Clinton Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
About the event
All in person events start at $4000. You may add on the following items for an additional cost:
1. Prime ingredient food costs are added on. IE: Filet mignon, charcuterie, truffles, sea bass, scallops etc
2. Tableware rentals: wine glasses, plates, utensils, linen napkins (disposables included)
3. Wine tasting with Sommelier
4. Wine & beer
5. Iced tea & soda
- The first 20 minutes is for arrival, settling in and small bites
- The next 30 minutes Chef Chinchilla demonstrates and teaches the base of how to make the dish.
- The next 45-60 minutes each team will be given all of the tools necessary and a secret tray of ingredients. They are expected to work together to complete the dish alone as a team based on Chef's demonstration. We ask them to use their creativity to modify the dish all while depending on each other to make it their own.
- Teams of 3-6 guests work together for 45-60 minutes to complete their tasks
- Once the timer goes off, they are to present their dish to Chef & her team for judgement.
- Each team will be judged based on the following criteria: how well they listened and followed Chef's instruction, how well they work together & kept their working space clean throughout and when finished, their creativity, the taste and the plating/presentation of their dish.
- Chef selects a single team as the winner.
- The last 45-60 minutes the team enjoys the entree they made & the prepared dessert from Chef.
IMPORTANT DETAILS WHEN PLANNING
- Book as early as possible as the event venue fills sometimes 3+ months ahead.
- We hold a non refundable $500 deposit to secure your event date, up to a year in advance. The final balance is due 30 days prior to the event.
- As this is a ticketed event and the reservation is held exclusively for you, we do not offer cancelations, credits, refunds or date/time modifications for any reason.
- We do not allow for wine or beer consumption until the cooking begins. Non upon arrival, or during Chefs demonstration
- Guests cannot cook if they have been drinking prior to arrival for safety purposes.
- We bring out wine once they start cooking.
- It's important to remind all guests that this is not a drinking event. While wine can be responsibly enjoyed while cooking, we cannot allow guests to continue cooking if even a little bit noticeably intoxicated.
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
Here are a couple of reminders and formalities that are important for your event:
1.Your event is on July 12th from 6:30-9:30pm, up to 16 guests. The final balance is due in full as the event is less than 30 days away.
2. We do start class right on time, so please make sure the team arrives 10-15 minutes before your event start time. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, grab an apron and name tag, wash your hands, grab a drink & get ready to have fun! We do not wait to start class if others are running late more than 15 minutes late. If anyone arrives after the start time we will catch them up as best as possible. It is imperative that you are aware that if you arrive late, the time of the class does not run later, as other events are scheduled before and after your class. The event includes 3 hours. If you would like to add more time, please let us know prior to the event date. There is an additional $300 per hour to add on the event time.
3. Please make sure everyone on your team wears closed toe shoes as it is required to participate for safety reasons. Additionally high heals are not allowed for safety reasons, as our floors could potentially be slippery due to an unexpected spill by a guest.
4. There will be plenty of food so please remind the team to come hungry. Also, due to CA health code any extra food cannot be taken home from class.
5. Please ask anyone with long hair to bring a hair tie to pull back into a pony tail.
6. As the class is an event, and date is reserved exclusively for your event, there is no refunds or transfers for cancelations. The only exception is if the event is canceled 30 days in advance and the initial deposit amount is NOT refundable. Refunds are not given if less people show up to class, or cancel last minute. Your final head count given 30 days prior to your event will be the final amount due and final guest count.
8. The building name is "The Hood Kitchen" and is located at 350 Clinton St, Costa Mesa, CA off of Redhill and Bristol, very close to the John Wayne airport. There is plenty of parking out front.
9. If anyone has any allergies please let me know so I may plan accordingly with your menu. Allergies must be given prior to the menu planning, so Chef can create a menu that accomodates the whole team.
10. The Hood Kitchen is a large commercial kitchen space with 7 separate kitchens and event spaces. Please ask your team to refrain from walking through or disturbing the other spaces as they are hard at work and can also be dangerous with various equipment.
11. I recommend reminding your staff to wear lighter clothing for this event, and or an under shirt. When the ovens and burners are turned on it can get warm.
12. It is important that each team member is reminded of the natural dangers that can occur within any kitchen. We do require each person participating sign a waiver releasing The Hood Kitchen, Stephanie Chinchilla and any staff under us, as not being responsible for absolutely any liability during your time while here or even after your departure. Each person is expected to take full responsibility for themselves while within our facility.
13. Please remind all guests that this is a cooking class, not a drinking event. It is strictly prohibited to be intoxicated due to the nature of the cooking class and for everyones safety. Make sure to discuss this with your team prior to arrival. If you would like to enjoy beer or wine during your event you must purchase it from The Hood Kitchen. You may not bring your own wine or beer. Responsible consumption during class is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue cooking for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests to request them to not continue cooking, so please make sure the team is aware of our policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
- Ticket type