Mon, Feb 24|
Team Building Culinary Experience - Jarosz
Team building for 12-18 guests
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2020, 1:45 PM – 5:00 PM
Chef Chinchilla, 350 Clinton Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
About the Event
2.5-3 hour cooking class. Pricing start at $1500 for up to 12 people, $90 for each additional guest after 12.
Allergies : None given yet
Menu = Not decided yet
You may add on the following items for an additional cost:
1. Appetizers to be available upon arrival for your team $10-20 per persond depending on the items and the number of dishes selected.
2. Tableware: wine glasses, plates, utensils, napkins etc $12 per person. (Disposables included)
3. Wine tasting lesson add on = $25 per person + wine cost
4. Wine tasting lesson with Sommelier + wine included = $50 per person
4. Dessert to be preppared by our team, for your staff to enjoy at the end of the class $8 per person
The team will be judged on how well they listen and follow Chef's instruction, how well they work together, the taste & the plating of the dish.
***If you select prime meats, seafood or other costly foods such as truffle and specialty cheeses or charcuteries, an additional food cost is added. Please ask for this estimate when you select your menu.
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
Here are a couple of reminders and formalities that are important for your event:
1.Your event is on February 24th from 2:00PM-5:00PM with an estimated head count of 12-18 guests. The final balance is due upon booking as it is 30 days away. You can add on guests up to 10 days before your event.
2. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, grab an apron and name tag, wash your hands, grab a drink & get ready to have fun! We do not wait to start class if others are running late. If anyone arrives after the start time we will catch them up as best as possible. Please tell your team to at 1:30-1:45PM, the class will start right at 2PM. As there is likely events scheduled before and after your class, it is important we remind you that the event is exclusively from 1:30-5PM.
3. Please make sure everyone on your team wears closed toe shoes as it is required to participate for safety reasons. Additionally high heals are not allowed for safety reasons, as our floors could potentially be slippery due to an unexpected spill by a guest.
4. There will be plenty of food so please remind the team to come hungry. Also, due to CA health code any extra food cannot be taken home from class.
5. Please ask anyone with long hair to bring a hair tie to pull back into a pony tail.
6. As the class is an event, and date is reserved exclusively for your event, there is no refunds or transfers for cancelations. The only exception is if the event is canceled 30 days in advance and the initial deposit amount is NOT refundable. Refunds are not given if less people show up to class, or cancel last minute. Your final head count given 30 days prior to your event will be the final amount due and final guest count.
7. You personally must order the wine from The Hood Kitchen to enjoy during your class. I will send you the link and password to put in and pay for your order. Wine and beer orders must be given 10 days prior to your event. The Hood Kitchen does not sell anything by the glass, only by the bottle. Wine bottles vary at reasonable retail costs from $12-35 per bottle. You may not bring in any outside beer or wine to The Hood Kitchen. Wine cannot be consumed untill after 5PM. If your event is before 5PM you cannot have wine or beer for your event.
8. Please remind all guests that this is a cooking class, not a drinking event. It is strictly prohibited to be intoxicated due to the nature of the cooking class and for everyones safety. Make sure to discuss this with your team prior to arrival. If you would like to enjoy beer or wine during your event you must purchase it from The Hood Kitchen. You may not bring your own wine or beer. Responsible consumption during class is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue cooking for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests to request them to not continue cooking, so please make sure the team is aware of our policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
8. Please kindly remind everyone attending ahead of time to listen carefully during instruction. It is important during the demonstrations and teaching from Chef that everyone is respectful, pays close attention and refrains from having side conversations.
9. The building name is "The Hood Kitchen" and is located at 350 Clinton St, Costa Mesa, CA off of Redhill and Bristol, very close to the John Wayne airport. There is plenty of parking out front.
10. Menu - not yet decided
11. Your final head count & payment for your event is due 30 days prior to your event. A $500 non refundable deposit is required to hold dates over 30 days away. Checks are preferred and you may also pay via pay pal or credit card. The only variable in price is if you add extra dishes and/or add prime seafood or meat, which we only charge minimally for the extra food cost, or if additional guests join.
12. If anyone has any allergies or dietary restrictions please let me know so I may plan the menu accordingly. The allergies must be given prior to the planning of the menu.
13. The Hood Kitchen is a large commercial kitchen space with 7 separate kitchens and event spaces. Please ask your team to refrain from walking through or disturbing the other spaces as they are hard at work and can also be dangerous with various equipment.
14. I recommend reminding your staff to wear lighter clothing for this event, and or an under shirt. When the ovens and burners are turned on it can get warm.
15. It is important that each team member is reminded of the natural dangers that can occur within any kitchen. We require that each person participating sign a waiver releasing The Hood Kitchen, Stephanie Chinchilla and any staff under us, as not being responsible for absolutely any liability during your time while here or even after your departure. Each person is expected to take full responsibility for themselves while within our facility.
16. Gratuity is not included in your pricing and is greatly appreciated. This can be paid online after your event or at the end of your event with Chef Chinchilla.
I look forward to cooking with you and your team. I am certain you will all have an amazing time & learn a lot!
Chef Stephanie Chinchilla