Mon, Feb 10|
Johnson & Johnson Culinary Experience - Neu Wave - Abby (1)
Team building Cooking Class for 13
Time & Location
Feb 10, 2020, 7:00 AM
Chef Chinchilla, 350 Clinton Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
About the Event
2.5-3 hour cooking class. Pricing start at $1500 for up to 12 people, $90 for each additional guest after 12.
TYPE OF EVENT: COOKING CLASS/FRIENDLY COMPETITION, WINE WITH MEAL
Allergies : SOY BEAN, TREE NUTS, AVOID DAIRY, 1 VEGETARIAN WHO EATS FISH
MENU: SPECIALTY TACOS
Demonstration on homeade pinto beans, spanish rice and the masa mixture to make tortillas
HANDS ON - 3 teams of 3 and 1 team of 4
Team #1 Chorizo
Team #2 Potato & poblano
Team #3 Shrimp
Team #4 Carne asada
Apps upon arrival = NONE
You may add on the following items for an additional cost:
1. Appetizers to be available upon arrival for your team $12-20 per persond depending on the items and the number of dishes selected. NONE
2. Tableware: wine glasses, plates, utensils, napkins etc $12 per person. (Disposables included) - OPTED FOR DISPOSABLES
3. Wine tasting lesson add on - $20 per person with a $500 minimum + wine cost - NO LESSON, WINE ORDERED FROM THE HOOD
4. Dessert to be preppared by our team, for your staff to enjoy at the end of the class $8-15 per person depending on the items and the number of deserts. NONE
***If you select prime meats, seafood or other costly foods such as truffle and specialty cheeses or charcuteries, an additional food cost is added. Please ask for this estimate when you select your menu. NO MENU UPCHARGE
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
Here are a couple of reminders and formalities that are important for your event:
1.Your event is on January 27th from 5:30PM-9:00PM with an estimated head count of 13 guests. The final balance is due in full upon booking, as it is less than 30 days away.
2. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, grab an apron and name tag, wash your hands, grab a drink & get ready to have fun! We do not wait to start class if others are running late. If anyone arrives after the start time we will catch them up as best as possible. Please tell your team to arrive no later than 5:45PM, the class will start at 6PM.
3. Please make sure everyone on your team wears closed toe shoes as it is required to participate for safety reasons. Additionally high heals are not allowed for safety reasons, as our floors could potentially be slippery due to an unexpected spill by a guest.
4. There will be plenty of food so please remind the team to come hungry. Also, due to CA health code any extra food cannot be taken home from class.
5. Please ask anyone with long hair to bring a hair tie to pull back into a pony tail.
6. As the class is an event, and date is reserved exclusively for your event, there is no refunds or transfers for cancelations. The only exception is if the event is canceled 30 days in advance and the initial deposit amount is NOT refundable. Refunds are not given if less people show up to class, or cancel last minute. Your final head count given 30 days prior to your event will be the final amount due and final guest count.
7. You may order wine from The Hood Kitchen to enjoy during your class, only if your event is in our large event space, due to our license per ABC & the city of Costa Mesa. I will send you an order sheet for your to fill out. Please include your name, phone number & payment information for your order to be complete. Wine orders must be given 10 days prior to your event. We do not sell anything by the glass, only by the bottle. Wine bottles vary at reasonable retail costs from $12-60 per bottle. You may not bring in any outside beer or wine to The Hood Kitchen. Wine cannot be consumed untill after 5PM. If your event is before 5PM you cannot have wine or beer for your event.
8. Please remind all guests that this is a cooking class, not a drinking event. It is strictly prohibited to be intoxicated due to the nature of the cooking class and for everyones safety. Make sure to discuss this with your team prior to arrival. If you would like to enjoy beer or wine during your event you must purchase it from The Hood Kitchen. You may not bring your own wine or beer. Responsible consumption during the event is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue enjoying adult beverages for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests to request them to not continue drinking, so please make sure the team is aware of our policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
8. Please kindly remind everyone attending ahead of time to listen carefully during instruction. It is important that while demonstrations and teaching from Chef that everyone is respectful and refrains from having side conversations and watches closely.
9. The building name is "The Hood Kitchen" and is located at 350 Clinton St, Costa Mesa, CA off of Redhill and Bristol, very close to the John Wayne airport. There is plenty of parking out front.
10. Menu - SPECIALTY TACOS, SEE DETAILS ABOVE
11. Your final head count & payment for your event is due 30 days prior to your event. A $500 non refundable deposit is required to hold dates over 30 days away. Checks are preferred and you may also pay via pay pal or credit card. The only variable in price is if you add extra dishes and/or add prime seafood or meat, which we only charge minimally for the extra food cost, or if additional guests join.
12. If anyone has any allergies or dietary restrictions please let me know so I may plan the menu accordingly. The allergies must be given prior to the planning of the menu.
13. The Hood Kitchen is a large commercial kitchen space with 7 separate kitchens and event spaces. Please ask your team to refrain from walking through or disturbing the other spaces as they are hard at work and can also be dangerous with various equipment.
14. I recommend reminding your staff to wear lighter clothing for this event, and or an under shirt. When the ovens and burners are turned on it can get warm.
15. It is important that each team member is reminded of the natural dangers that can occur within any kitchen. We do require each person participating sign a waiver releasing The Hood Kitchen, Stephanie Chinchilla and any staff under us, as not being responsible for absolutely any liability during your time while here or even after your departure. Each person is expected to take full responsibility for themselves while within our facility.
16. Gratuity is not included in your pricing and greatly appreciated. This can be paid online after your event or at the end of your event with Chef Chinchilla.
I look forward to cooking with you and your team. Im certain you will all have an amazing time & learn a lot!
Chef Stephanie Chinchilla
Please only pay this after your event :)