International Education Corp Offsite Team Building
Time & Location
About the Event
2.5-3 hour team building cooking class for 23 people. $300 for the 1st person + $90 for each additional guest
*Still finalizing menu. Prime seafood and meats will cost extra per person based on market value food costs only.
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
- 1. Your event is 2/28 from 6PM-9PM. Please ask everyone on your team to arrive by 5:30PM to settle in, wash their hands, sign the waiver and greet their team members etc.
- 2. There is no refunds if you cancel for any reason. This is a booked event and your space is reserved specifically for you per your purchased ticket. Refunds are not given if less guests show up or the number is lowered before the event date. The final head count is the number given 30 days prior to the event. You may add on guests up to 5 days prior to the event, should we have enough space to arrange the modification.
- 3. Closed toe shoes are required to participate per CA Health Code. Comfortable shoes are recommended as the evening is spent standing. We also recommend not wearing heals for comfort and safety.
- 4. For safety reasons we have a strict policy about intoxication, whether upon arrival or if signs of intoxication are suspected during this event, we have the right to request anyone to not continue cooking and even the right to request removal from the event. Appropriate behavior and statements to other guests or staff is mandatory.
- 5. Please discuss with your team prior to the event date, that this is not a "drinking event". Although we allow responsible consumption during the class, we cannot allow for anyone to be "noticabley intoxicated" and continue cooking for safety and legal reasons. It is as embarressing for us as it is for the guest to ask them to not continue cooking or drinking, which is why we request this is known to the team prior to the event date.
- 6. We expect for each guest to arrange for responsible transportation to or from this event. If a cab is needed by anyone in your party for any reason, find Chef Chinchilla and she will happily arrange for a safe ride home from Uber/Lift/Taxi.
- Anyone attending is financially responsible for themselves for any accidents which may occur at our facility, or additional fees from damages caused by any guest attending. The Hood Kitchen nor Chef Chinchilla or any staff member present holds no financial or legal responsibility for any guest attending the event.
- 7. We cannot sell you alcohol, however we would love to help you in your ordering and selection process, all within your budget. You are also welcome to add on Sommelier service to offer your team a wine tasting lesson for $25 additional per person.
- 8. For cooking classes, we use disposables for dinner & drink service (no additional cost). If you would prefer proper glassware and plates we charge an additional $12 per person. This pricing includes plates, silverware and glassware.
- 9. Pricing includes a 2.5-3 hour event. For offsite events we need access to the space at least 3 hours prior to the start time of the class to set up. It will take us about 2 hours to clean up after. Should your event go past 9PM due to a late arrival & start time, or additional time is requested for guests to stay past 9PM, an additional cost of $250 per hour will be added to your final cost.
- 10. Please make sure the space for the event is clean & ready for us to set up upon arrival (2:30-3PM). We will need access to a sink and hot water as well as 10 long tables. Depending on the table tops, let us know if black linen tableclothes is needed so it looks nice :)
- 11. We are happy to arrange for additional decor, or dining tables to be set up at an additional cost.
- 12. Due to the nature of the class, no hard alcohol is permitted until after the cooking portion is finished. You can arrange for your own bar set up and ordering, or we can assist you in setting up and pouring for an additional cost.
- 13. We offer two types of classes. One of the two must be decided upon booking, prior to planning the menu:
- a. Cooking Class - structured formal cooking class with Chef teaching + speaking extensively. No alcohol is permitted until after the cooking class is finished.
- b. Iron Chef Cooking Competition - Chef does a 20-30 minute demonstration teaching how to make 1-2 dishes, then the team works together to complete their dishes, with minimal assistance from Chef's team. Forcing them to work together and depend on one another to complete the tasks. (We are there to minimally guide of course) They are given all the tools and ingredients necessary to complete the dish. Each team has the opportunity to use a few different ingredients in order to make that dish their own. The team will plate one dish, then one person from each group will present their dish to Chef to explain their dish.
- Each team will be judged based on: how well they work together, how organized and clean they kept their work station, the taste and the presentation of their dish.
- The can enjoy wine and beer during the competition, but not until after Chef is done with the initial demonstration and introduction.
- 14. It is important that all allergies and dietary restrictions are given to Chef prior to the planning of the menu. Each menu is designed specifically around them, as well as your menu preferences and the type of event that is being cordinated.
- 15. All modification & changes must be finalized no later than 10 days prior to the event. If additional requests are made less than 10 days up to the event, we will do our best to accomodate them.
- 16. We provide water for all our events. You may bring or provide sodas, or we can arrange to provide them at an additional cost.
- 17. Please remind the team that especially during instruction, and or when Chef is speaking to listen carefully. In large groups it is imperative that they know this prior to our arrival. This is important so they do not miss any important instruction for them to complete their tasks correctly. Side conversations within the room while Chef is giving instruction make it difficult for others to hear, and can take away from the other team members experience.
- 18. You can add on appetizers for the team to enjoy upon arrival for $12-20 per person depending on menu selection.
- 19. Dessert can be added on for $8 extra per person.
- Optional gratuity$20$200$0
- apps + salad + guest$690$6900$0