Ingram Micro Team Building Culinary Experience
Time & Location
About the Event
- 2.5 hour team building cooking class/competition for 27 guests +3 add on + 1.
- Large event space starts at $2400 for up to 22 people, $90 for each additional guest after 22 people
- Added on:
- *Appetizer = client wants apps at $15 PP max
- *Tableware: wine glasses, plates, utensils, napkins etc = $12 per person (opted for dinnerware)
- *If you select prime menu items such as meats, seafood or charcuterie, an additional food cost only is added. You will know this estimate when you select the menu. (Opted for steak menu $16 extra PP, Filet Mignon)
- *Dessert add on: Yes to dessert $8 PP (Cheesecake)
- *Opted to add on Sommelier service $40 PP + 24 wine bottles at $25 average per bottle + sodas ($25) + water on site
- *Wine & beer must be purchased seperately from The Hood Kitchen. The website and a password will be emailed to you and you will order from them within your desired budget. We are happy to help make suggestions on which wines to choose from and how much.
Important Reminders To Know Before Booking
Here are a couple of reminders and formalities that are important for your event:
1.Your event is on January 22nd from 5:30PM-9:00pm with an final head count of 27 guests. Total balance is due 1/7/2020
2. Please make sure guests know to arrive by 5:30PM. Upon arrival you will need to sign a waiver, grab an apron and wash your hands, grab a drink & get ready to have fun! We do not wait to start class if others are running late. If anyone arrives after the start time we will catch them up as best as possible. We will start the class right at 6PM.
3. Please make sure everyone on your team wears closed toe shoes as it is required to participate for safety reasons. Additionally high heals are not allowed for safety reasons, as our floors could potentially be slippery due to an unexpected spill by a guest.
4. There will be plenty of food so please remind the team to come hungry. Also, due to CA health code any extra food cannot be taken home from class.
5. Please ask anyone with long hair to bring a hair tie to pull back into a pony tail.
6. As the class is an event, and date is reserved exclusively for your event, there is no refunds or transfers for cancelations. The only exception is if the event is canceled 30 days in advance and the initial deposit amount is NOT refundable. Refunds are not given if less people show up to class, or cancel last minute. Your final head count given 30 days prior to your event will be the final amount due and final guest count.
7. You personally must order wine from The Hood Kitchen to enjoy during your class, only if your event is in our large event space, due to our license per ABC & the city of Costa Mesa. I will send you an order sheet for your to fill out. Please include your name, phone number & payment information for your order to be complete. Wine orders must be given 10 days prior to your event. We do not sell anything by the glass, only by the bottle. Wine bottles vary at reasonable retail costs from $12-30 per bottle. You may not bring in any outside beer or wine to The Hood Kitchen. Wine cannot be consumed untill after 5PM. If your event is before 5PM you cannot have wine or beer for your event.
8. Please remind all guests that this is a cooking class, not a drinking event. It is strictly prohibited to be intoxicated due to the nature of the cooking class and for everyones safety. Make sure to discuss this with your team prior to arrival. If you would like to enjoy beer or wine during your event you must purchase it from The Hood Kitchen. You may not bring your own wine or beer. Responsible consumption during class is expected and required, especially for safety reasons. Myself and the Hood Kitchen hold no financial or legal obligation to injury of any kind for any damages. If anyone is noticeably intoxicated we reserver the right to request they not continue cooking for safety reasons. It is as embarrassing for us as it is for our guests to request them to not continue cooking, so please make sure the team is aware of our policy prior to arrival. We require everyone to plan for responsible transportation. Additionally, any damages caused is the financial and legal responsibility exclusively to whom booked the event and the company hosting it.
8. Please kindly remind everyone attending ahead of time to listen carefully during instruction. It is important that while demonstrations and teaching from Chef that everyone is respectful and refrains from having side conversations and watches closely.
9. The building name is "The Hood Kitchen" and is located at 350 Clinton St, Costa Mesa, CA off of Redhill and Bristol, very close to the John Wayne airport. There is plenty of parking out front.
10. Menu - Food = Seafood cakes + bacon wrapped dates appetizers upon arrival. Filet mignon + roasted potatoes + asparagus (hands on cooking) for dinner. Cheesecake for dessert. Drinks = 24 bottles of wine + sodas + water
11. Your final head count & payment for your event is due 30 days prior to your event. Checks are preferred and you may also pay via pay pal or credit card. Any gratuity is greatly appreciated. The only variable in price is if you add extra dishes and/or add prime seafood or meat, which we only charge minimally for the extra food cost, or if additional guests join.
12. If anyone has any allergies please let me know so I may plan accordingly with your menu. Allergies must be given to Chef prior to the planning of your menu. WHITNI INFORMED US THERE ARE NO ALLERGIES OR DIETARTY RESTRICTIONS
13. The Hood Kitchen is a large commercial kitchen space with 7 separate kitchens and event spaces. Please ask your team to refrain from walking through or disturbing the other spaces as they are hard at work and can also be dangerous with various equipment.
14. I recommend reminding your staff to wear lighter clothing for this event, and or an under shirt. When the ovens and burners are turned on it can get warm.
15. It is important that each team member is reminded of the natural dangers that can occur within any kitchen. We do require each person participating sign a waiver releasing The Hood Kitchen, Stephanie Chinchilla and any staff under us, as not being responsible for absolutely any liability during your time while here or even after your departure. Each person is expected to take full responsibility for themselves while within our facility.
I look forward to cooking with you and your team. Im certain you will all have an amazing time & learn a lot!
Chef Stephanie Chinchilla